Hi, I’m Michelle and I also go by Myrina (pronounced like Marina). My mission is to empower you, facilitate deep healing, and help you discover how amazing and powerful you truly are.
How did I come to read energy? I have been reading energy since I was a very young child, remembering back to about age four, but I didn’t always understand it the way I do now. I read the energy of people, emotions, animals, the moon, and trees…plus rocks/Earth, the ocean, places and objects, too…pretty much all energy. When I find blocks or imbalances, I help it shift into balance or release.
My grandmother nurtured and encouraged my ‘sensitive nature’, but eventually the need to survive an abusive mother and unsafe home-life required me to shut-down. I experienced things in ways that no one else talked about and sometimes that was confusing and scary, like when an energy portal opened up under my bedroom in the house I moved into a week before turning 11 years old. At the time, my focus was on survival due to home environment so there was no way for me to even begin to understand my experiences. It is part of the human condition to be unable to grow or learn, or find it difficult to do so, when our basic needs are not being met or we are in circumstances that require focusing on survival.
I’ve always experienced energy in many ways and through a variety of senses. Sometimes I feel it, and other times I see it, hear it, or just understand it. I used to feel confused and overwhelmed by it. Everyone transmits and receives energy, making it true that we all read energy to some degree or another. My ability to interpret has strengthened and grown exponentially over the past decade through learning and practicing – proof that working with mentors and coaches has significant benefits!
How did I become a healer and coach? I had a defining moment 10 years ago that brought me to where I am now – reading energy, healing disruptive emotional energy patterns, and guiding or mentoring people like you on how to get unstuck from your patterns and heal your past wounds so you can begin building what you want more of in life.
That defining story is interesting. I mean, I became a mom, lost my career to the economy, and my health hit rock bottom. I wasn’t able to interact with and care for my daughter the way I felt she deserved, I was operating at bare-minimum at my best moments. I saw 17 specialists who ran test after test without finding anything to explain my physical symptoms. The icing on the cake was that the whole time I sought medical answers, I started hearing a rather loud voice in my head telling me “I would never find answers outside of myself, I would have to heal myself from within”. I didn’t even know what the hell that meant! I IGNORED THE CRAP OUT OF THAT VOICE! On top of my failing physical health, my anxiety was at an all-time high. I was terrified to tell anyone for fear they think I was losing my mind. I was desperate for help and I saw no light at the end of the tunnel. I felt so far from being able to help myself, I needed someone to help me.
So, what happened? Well, finally, that voice became so loud it actually overshadowed the last specialists voice telling me there was nothing more to do for me, except send me to the Mayo Clinic. It was so loud, I ended up sitting in my car in the parking lot of the doctors office and responding to the voice. I said, dripping with sarcasm, “Ok, I’ll do it. I’ll look within. Are you happy now?! I don’t even know what it means, but I’ll do it”…to which I immediately knew I would seek alternative treatment. I found BodyTalk that same day, which I just knew would change my life and direct my career path going forward.
My defining moment story is all well and good but, in all honesty, it is all the stuff that came before I hit rock bottom that’s more significant. Before my foundation crumbled underneath me, I was out in the world doing what I thought I should be doing – career, relationship, repeat. I kept busy and had fun while dating and working and traveling the world as much as possible. From the outside, my life appeared to be successful. On the inside, I was an anxious mess and overwhelmed physically, mentally, and emotionally. I did not love myself, I secretly thought everyone hated me, and I had a difficult time functioning in public places, as well as in relationships. I lacked self-worth, felt powerless most of the time, and my inner voice was a raging asshole. I was my own worst enemy and I barely even recognized myself.
I now know why I was in the state I was in:
- I had an emotionally abusive childhood relationship with one of my parents. That angry, unkind voice became my inner voice and the foundation for my subconscious beliefs about myself and my place in the world. My past pain, trauma, and feelings on top of what someone told me out of anger became my own story – a false story – being retold and re-lived every day.
- I have always been an Empath (highly sensitive to other people and environments) and was taking on everybody else’s crap – their pain, emotions, and energy – as my own. It is a heavy burden to carry, one that makes it difficult to know what is yours and what isn’t and is often referred to as akin to a curse (which is not true, if you know how to use it as a gift!).
- I didn’t have any self-care in place, in fact, I often put my own needs last and when I did something for myself, I lacked the knowledge or guidance to take action focused on my individual needs.
The stuff I experienced before my defining moment is the stuff that taught me how to unpack my shit so I could remember who I am, take back my power, let go of my past story, and start creating the life I was longing for. That stuff is what really brought me to my defining moment and reminded me that I’ve always been an intuitive healer, having childhood memories of laying hands on my grandma to make her feel better. It reminded me that I’ve always heard my guides, just not as loudly or clearly as I did in the doctor’s office and ever since. I have always been able to read energy, sense people’s emotions,and understand animals. I even experience the energy of trees, rocks, water, and the moon. For years I had cut off my roots and my intuition in order to survive, but as I peeled off the layers and took actions to help align my body, mind, and spirit it all became more balanced.
Through my advanced training, as well as helping myself and my clients heal, I have been reminded that this who I’ve always been: an intuitive, an energy reader, and a facilitator of healing. I have worked hard to feel safe being my authentic self so that I can help others do the same.
Now I work with people like you who want to find a way to free themselves from the past patterns or pain, overcome limitations or barriers, create a state of comfort and balance in their body (mind, relationships, and world) – People who are ready to Thrive…
- You want to feel safe, connected, and present in your body
- You want to reconnect with or remember who you are
- You are seeking a higher level of self-awareness, consciousness, or purpose
- You want to interrupt the patterns and cycles of relationship so you can experience something new
- You want to feel like all your hard work is WORTH THE EFFORT by not being stuck in the same ol’ patterns and outcomes
- You want to trust in yourself or others (or even the world!)
- You want to experience joy, acceptance, love and empowerment (YOUR power! You embody way more than you realize!)
- You are driven to heal or help themselves and others in some way
- You want your body to feel better, more balanced
- You are interested in energy and learning how to influence your body, mind, emotions, and spirit as you are innately capable of
- You are tired of living in a state of survival or overwhelm
- You feel called to create safety and support for yourself or others
- You are highly sensitive or an Empath seeking to shift your sensitivity from a burden into a superpower