I am heading to the mountains this weekend to unplug, spend time with family and friends, and connect with nature this weekend. This is my preferred method of riding this full lunar tide of energy. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for weeks since starting a new college semester, preparing a new Empath program for an online format, and working with clients while trying to make time for my family.
During the past two weeks leading up to this moon, I’ve been observing several of my own deeply-rooted past patterns. It has been enlightening, yet exhausting, to acknowledge these old limitations still rising up in my life in sneaky, subtle ways. I’m grateful to have practiced self-observation to the point of being able to glimpse my own subtle ways I tend to slide into feeling stuck, or making things harder for myself. Thoughts and feelings that creep in sideways, often manifesting as physical pain or symptoms.
One of my old patterns relates to my being an Empath. I feel called to help and serve the needs of others, which I have a history of shelving my own needs in order to answer the call. It is common for Empaths to feel the call to help others, and just as common that Empaths do so in a way that depletes them until their cup is empty. This leaves Empaths with nothing left to give, and we often do it anyway. My own Empathic tendency to serve others without enough self-consideration is compounded by other life experiences/past pain that reiterated my own needs were insignificant.
I finally learned about a decade ago that I cannot pour from an empty cup. When I am empty and still give-give-give to everyone else, I feel physically and emotionally awful – full of pain, fatigue, sleep issues, blame, anger, despair, frustration, and guilt…which lead me down the road to negative self-talk, such as “I am not good enough” or “I will never be enough”. This is the root of my pattern: an old, limiting belief that if I don’t or can’t do all the things (especially to help others), then I am not enough. A limiting belief that my worth is defined by my “doing”, instead of my “being. Are you a human doing or a human being? You know the answer to that question all the way to your soul…and there lies the truth of each one of us – we have worth, just by being here and/or being who we are.
As I started out saying, I became aware of an old pattern related to dismissing or overlooking my needs this week. I still prioritize myself last in very subtle ways that have been slipping past my awareness, which leads me to feel anxious and ‘put upon’…which then leads to sleeplessness and physical pain in my right hip, foot, and knee. Why my right side? Why my hip, foot, and knee? Let me explain the connection:
I am working toward a goal and within a specific timeline to launch my Empath Empowerment Program. You need to know this before I continue. It is relevant to the topic because in order to achieve this goal within the timeline I must tap into my masculine energy. We all embody both masculine and feminine energy within us that we can utilize when we need it. We can dive deeper into the topics of masculine/feminine energy and duality another time, but for now let’s quickly cover the qualities of balanced, divine masculine energy. Masculine energy helps us tap into movement, drive, achievement, and planning. It is Yang energy, logical and left-brained. I need this energy to help me accomplish my goal of preparing my course to launch next month.
- The right side of our human bodies relates to masculine energy – no matter your gender, we all have both masculine and feminine energy. When my old way of de-prioritizing my needs slips in, it can derail me from my goal and progress…and when that is actively happening, the right (or masculine) side of my body shows symptoms.
- Why are my right-side symptoms are concentrated in my hip, knee, and foot?
- Hips represent flexibility, support, stability, and trusting in the process. My old pattern blocks me from being able to support my goal. I become inflexible through the unconscious state of mind brought on by the old way of doing things and it leaves me floundering and feeling unstable. I am not able to trust the process of getting things aligned with meeting my goals/timelines, because I am unknowingly sabotaging my progress…so my hip hurts from all the emotional disruption/pain of my past being triggered and effecting me in the present.
- Knees represent willpower in this scenario. When the old pattern shows up, I am deficient in expressing willpower to do what needs to be done for me. I am pulled away from my own needs, lacking the will to stay focused on tasks and/or to delegate responsibility.
- Feet represent mobility and ungrounded intellect. When my right foot hurts, it is trying to tell me that I’m all up in my head so much that I cannot get any traction, or mobility, in the direction of my goals. Trying to plan and act in an organized, logical way to achieve a goal or meet a deadline is difficult when your head is in the clouds, distracted by everyone else’s stuff. Logic, mobility and action toward goals – or anything, really – require you be fully present and grounded.
These symptoms I feel when old patterns of belief, emotions, or trauma arise are trying to communicate that you have something that requires your attention, awareness, healing, or balance. Our symptoms are a sign that healing is possible, even probable, if you look within or get help identifying what baggage you are still carrying around with you.
This is what intuitive healing can do for you. Details about what is going on and simple actions or adjustments can really change or eliminate your symptoms…oh, and symptoms are more than just pain or illness, they can manifest in your life, thoughts, behavior, relationships, and more. Everything effects everything, because everything is energy – and energy is infinite and ever-changing forms.
If you are interested in learning what your energy is telling you, there are several ways to do so. You can join me on Facebook every Sunday for a free group session, you can schedule an appointment for your own private session, you can learn more about energy and healing in a more private setting of the Women’s Healing Collective FB group, or you can schedule a Discovery Call to chat about your specific needs and how this type of whole-person healing can help you.
Please subscribe or share, if you liked what you read here…you can even get free resources sent to you this way, as well as access to all new content.